from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not resistant, especially to a disease or an environmental factor, such as heat or moisture.
- adj. Submissively obedient.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not resistant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making no resistance.
- n. One who maintains that no resistance should be made to constituted authority, even when unjustly or oppressively exercised; one who advocates or practices absolute submission.
- n. One who holds that violence should never be resisted by force
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making no resistance to power or oppression; passively obedient.
- n. One who maintains that no resistance should be made to sovereign authority, even when unjustly exercised.
- n. One who holds that violence should never be resisted by force.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reformer who believes in passive resistance
- adj. offering no resistance
- adj. (often followed by `to') likely to be affected with
Sorry, no etymologies found.