from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who believes in deism.
- adj. Of or relating to deism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who believes in the existence of a God, but denies revealed religion; a freethinker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who believes in the existence of a personal God, but in few or none of the more special doctrines of the Christian religion; one who holds to some of the more general propositions of the Christian faith concerning the Deity, but denies revelation and the authority of the church.
- n. One who holds the opinion that there is a God, but no divine providence governing the affairs of men; one who holds that, God is not only distinct from the world, but also separated from it.
- n. Synonyms Atheist, Skeptic, etc. See infidel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to deism
- n. a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it
From French deiste, from New Latin deista, from Latin Deus ("God") + -ista ("-ist"). (Wiktionary)