from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who is materialistic, concerned only with material possessions.
- n. A follower or proponent of philosophical materialism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who denies the existence of spiritual substances or agents, and maintains that spiritual phenomena, so called, are the result of some peculiar organization of matter. A believer in philosophical materialism.
- n. One who holds to the existence of matter, as distinguished from the idealist, who denies it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who holds or advocates any form of metaphysical materialism.
- n. One who is absorbed by material interests; one who takes a low, material view of life.
- Of or pertaining to materialism; materialistic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who thinks that nothing exists but physical matter
- n. someone with great regard for material possessions
Sorry, no etymologies found.