American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who lacks belief or faith, especially in a particular religion; a nonbeliever.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An incredulous person; one who does not believe.
- n. One who discredits Christian revelation, or the mission, character, and doctrines of Christ.
- n. One who does not believe in or hold any given religion.
- n. Synonyms Skeptic, Disbeliever, etc. See infidel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who does not believe; an incredulous person; a doubter; a skeptic.
- n. A disbeliever; especially, one who does not believe that the Bible is a divine revelation, and holds that Christ was neither a divine nor a supernatural person; an infidel; a freethinker.
- n. someone who refuses to believe (as in a divinity)
“I guess the difference between a believer and an unbeliever is that an unbeliever doesn't understand how a believer thinks or how prayer or personal revelation works.”
“The unbeliever is the believer's secret sharer, and vice versa.”
“The same thing when done by the believer, and when done by the unbeliever, is not the same thing [Bengel].”
“Church-censures, duly administered, strike an awe upon men's consciences; the word (the weapons of her warfare) casts down imaginations (2 Cor.x. 5), and even an unbeliever is convinced and judged by the solemnity of holy ordinances, 1 Cor. xiv.”
“As no unbeliever is permitted to enter the city, our travellers are silent; and the short hints of Thevenot (Voyages du Levant, part i.p. 490) are taken from the suspicious mouth of an African renegado.”
“The unbeliever is a dangerous person, and he is promptly suppressed.”
“One of the things that Philip had heard definitely stated was that the unbeliever was a wicked and a vicious man; but Weeks, though he believed in hardly anything that Philip believed, led a life of Christian purity.”
“One of the things that Philip had heard definitely stated was that the unbeliever was a wicked and a vicious man; but Weeks, though he believed in hardly anything that Philip believed, led”
“Its indestructible vitality is evidence that it is an inherent element in human nature, that the unbeliever is a subnormal man.”
“S: And they serve besides Allah that which neither profits them nor causes them harm; and the unbeliever is a partisan against his Lord.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unbeliever’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for unbeliever.