from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An arrogantly assertive person.
- n. One who expresses or sets forth dogma.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stubborn, assertive, opinionated person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who dogmatizes; one who speaks dogmatically; a bold and arrogant advancer of principles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is dogmatic or maintains a dogma or dogmas; a magisterial teacher; one who asserts positively doctrines or opinions unsupported by argument or evidence.
- n. [capitalized] One of a sect of ancient physicians founded by Hippocrates, and named in contradistinction to Empirics and Methodists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stubborn person of arbitrary or arrogant opinions
Sorry, no etymologies found.