from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a theatrical company.
- n. A veteran actor or performer.
- n. A reliable, uncomplaining, often hard-working person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a theatrical company (a troupe).
- n. A veteran performer.
- n. A reliable, hard-working person; usually trooper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is reliable and uncomplaining and hard working
- n. an actor who travels around the country presenting plays
Sorry, no etymologies found.