from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who barnstorms; one whose profession is barnstorming
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An itinerant theatrical player who plays in barns when a theatre is lacking; hence, an inferior actor, or one who plays in the country away from the larger cities.
- n. an aviator who flies an airplane from place to place, usually at small airports, doing flying stunts or flying passengers for sightseeing, for the purpose of earning money. It was a practise common in the early days of aviation, but by late 20th century was seldom encountered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strolling player; an actor who plays “in the provinces.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an actor who travels around the country presenting plays
- n. a pilot who travels around the country giving exhibits of stunt flying and parachuting
Sorry, no etymologies found.