from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is a member of a council, especially of the local governing body of a city or town.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A male member of a council, especially a city council; now often replaced by gender-neutral councilor (British, councillor).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A member of a council, especially of the common council of a city; a councilor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a municipal council. Also called common-councilman when the body is a common council.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who is a council member
council + -man (Wiktionary)