from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes or enacts laws; a legislator. Also called lawgiver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who makes or enacts laws.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A legislator; a lawgiver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who enacts or ordains laws; a legislator; a lawgiver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a maker of laws; someone who gives a code of laws
Sorry, no etymologies found.