from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who gives a code of laws to a people.
- n. See lawmaker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who provides the laws to a society.
- n. Any lawmaker.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes or enacts a law or system of laws; a legislator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes or enacts a law or a code of laws; a legislator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a maker of laws; someone who gives a code of laws
Sorry, no etymologies found.