American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A man who is a member of the U.S. Congress, especially of the House of Representatives.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the United States Congress, especially of the House of Representatives. Strictly, the term includes the members of the Senate as well as members of the House of Representatives, but in popular usage it is limited to the latter.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A member of the Congress of the United States, esp. of the House of Representatives.
- n. a member of the United States House of Representatives
- congress + -man (Wiktionary)
“While Mr. Hoeffel, a former three-term congressman, is short on campaign funds, he will probably do well in Philadelphia and its four suburban counties, which have many liberal-leaning Democrats.”
“Now he is putting his executive operation in the hands of a three-term congressman from the Polish and Catholic precincts of District 5 and a onetime protege of Mayor Richard M. Daley.”
“Sestak left the Navy in January 2006 and is now a second-term congressman from the Philadelphia suburbs.”
“Mr. Blumenauer, a seven-term congressman, is bracing for a tough vote on sending more troops to Afghanistan while he frets about the detention facility at Guantánamo Bay remaining open.”
“One critic dresses up as a chicken and follows Cantor around as he campaigns claiming that the congressman is afraid to debate.”
“It's not just that the first-term congressman is an unapologetic Democrat who defends his vote for the health-care overhaul with gusto.”
“The two-term congressman from the state's 7th District has said that he plans to challenge Specter for the Democratic Senate nomination next year.”
“This congressman is a example of what is wrong with America.”
“One reason no one "votes" by calling their congressman, is that they are led to believe that these people are financial experts and that it is so complicated a system, that they cannot understand it.”
“Wu, a five term congressman, is one of the party's nearly 800 superdelegates who will ultimately decide who gets the Democratic presidential nomination.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘congressman’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Everything that contains a man in it
from the poetry and prose of walt whitman
Looking for tweets for congressman.