from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to Presbyterianism.
- adj. Describing a person set in their ways or doesn't smoke, drink or have sex, particularly one religious and/or Scottish; a Puritan.
- n. A person belonging to a church in the tradition of Presbyterianism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a presbyter, or to ecclesiastical government by presbyters; relating to those who uphold church government by presbyters; also, to the doctrine, discipline, and worship of a communion so governed.
- n. One who maintains the validity of ordination and government by presbyters; a member of the Presbyterian church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to ecclesiastical government by elders or by presbyteries.
- A church iu the United States formed in 1858 by the coalition of various bodies. It numbers about 90,000 members.
- n. One who holds to the system of Presbyterianism; a member of any of the Presbyterian churches.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a follower of Calvinism as taught in the Presbyterian Church
Sorry, no etymologies found.