from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To inject (a drug, such as heroin) directly into a major vein.
- intransitive v. To inject a drug intravenously.
- adj. Being in a principal or well-established position: the mainline churches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. normal, principal or standard.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the principal route or line of a railway
- adj. Of or pertaining to a surface railway as distinct from an underground, elevated or light rail one.
- v. To inject (a drug) directly into a vein.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to inject (illegal drugs) into the vein.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. inject into the vein
Sorry, no etymologies found.