from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing the costs and often taking turns as the driver.
- n. A group, as of commuters or parents, participating in a carpool.
- intransitive v. To travel in a carpool.
- transitive v. To transport by means of a carpool: carpool the children to school.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An arrangement whereby several people travel together in the same car in order to save costs, reduce pollution etc.
- n. The group of people who participate in such a pool.
- v. To travel together in such a pool.
Sorry, no etymologies found.