from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of or resembling mire; swampy.
- adj. Smeared with mire; muddy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to a mire, smeared with mud.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with deep mud; full of mire; muddy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with mire or mud; of the nature of mire or mud; full of mire: as, a miry road; a miry lane.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of soil) soft and watery
mire + -y (Wiktionary)