from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the royal family of Hanover.
- adj. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of the kingdom or province of Hanover.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or from Hanover.
- adj. Of or from the House of Hanover.
- n. Someone of or from Hanover.
- n. Someone from the House of Hanover.
- n. A supporter of the House of Hanover.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Hanover or its people, or to the House of Hanover in England.
- n. A native or naturalized inhabitant of Hanover; one of the House of Hanover.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or connected with Hanover, formerly an electorate of northern Germany, later a kingdom, and since 1866 a province of Prussia: as, the Hanoverian sovereigns of England.
- n. An inhabitant of Hanover.
- n. In English politics in the first part of the eighteenth century, an adherent of the Hanoverian dynasty, as opposed to a Jacobite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member (or supporter) of the house of Hanover
- adj. of or relating to the former English royal House of Hanover or their supporters
- n. any of the British rulers who were members of the House of Hanover
Hanover + -ian (Wiktionary)