from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A Titan, the son of Gaea and Uranus and the father of Helios.
- n. The satellite of Saturn that is 12th in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Titan, the son of Gaia and Uranus and the father of Helios, Selene and Eos.
- proper n. One of the moons of Saturn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The god of the sun; in the later mythology identified with Apollo, and distinguished for his beauty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) a Titan who was the son of Gaea and Uranus and the father of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology
On her first three CDs, all made for the fine English label Hyperion, she focused on worthy but obscure repertory: sonatas by Karl Amadeus Hartmann; concertos by Nikolai Roslavets; works for violin and piano by Karel Szymanowski.
Hyperion is a real publishing house, agented submissions only. link15 comments | post comment navigation viewing
Or that Hyperion is a sophisticated work of genius while Harry Potter is empty childish cliche?
And discover that Hyperion is a tedious, droning bore while Harry Potter is a fun and affecting magical romp?
Hyperion is sponsoring a giveaway to promote the recent release of And Another Thing ... by Eoin Colfer.
Hyperion is a strange and dangerous planet, filled with unanswered mysteries and deadly dangers, the most dangerous being the Shrike, a creature of metal and menace that kills indiscriminately and often.
I have read the last two of these, and Hyperion is better than either (though I enjoyed both books).
Hyperion is likely to make a great movie if made by the right team.
The part that does work as well as that is when the viewpoint steps back even further, to the conflict between the various AI entities, and hints at their plans and goals, sort of a cross between Culture Mind ships and the Technocore in Hyperion, to a certain extent.
Dan Simmons 'Hyperion is headed for the big screen.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.