from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Roman Mythology The principal goddess of the pantheon and the wife of Jupiter, worshiped as the goddess of women, marriage, childbirth and the moon, and as the protector of the state. She came to be identified with the Greek Hera.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- proper n. The third asteroid discovered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The queen of the Olympian gods, the sister and wife of Jupiter, and the goddess who presided over marriage. She corresponds to the Greek Hera.
- n. One of the early discovered asteroids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Rom, mythology, the queen of heaven, the highest divinity of the Latin races in Italy next to Jupiter, of whom she was the sister and the wife.
- n. The third planetoid, discovered by Harding, at Lilienthal, in 1804.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Roman mythology) queen of the Olympian gods who protected marriage; wife and sister of Jupiter; counterpart of Greek Hera
In JUNO it was Juno holding up a sonogram picture to the camera and the camera focuses on the picture.
JUNO. An intelligent teen, Juno, deals with the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy by seeking out the perfect set of parents to adopt her unborn child.
Knowing the Juno is as violent and prone to outburst as he is, I didn't expect the ending I got.
Juno is up to pay the price for the MSL issues now.
Check out Badlands too ... fer the 2 songs it reminded me of were The Nurse by The White Stripes, and Tire Swing by Kimya Dawson (which was in Juno) its neither of those songs, but they sound like it simmy25
And even Jason Bateman has become a lot more recognizable appearing in Juno and Hancock.
Juno is now part of Pocket Books, which is a division of publisher Simon & Schuster.
Juno is another real good example: great primal story — Scarlet Letter in a small town.
Everyone in Juno would use something obscure and pretentious, like hakia. — mgroves
Anyway, the characters in Juno are smart and appear to be computer savvy … I say Google. —
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.