from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology The Norse goddess of the heavens and wife of Odin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The wife of Odin, and the Norse/Germanic goddess of married love, the heavens, home and hearth, after whom Friday is named (due to her being identified with Venus).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The wife of Odin and mother of the gods; the supreme goddess; the Juno of the Valhalla. Cf. Freya.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Norse myth., the wife of Odin and the queen of the gods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Norse mythology) goddess of the heavens and married love; wife of Odin
Old Norse; see prī- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old Norse Frigg, from Proto-Germanic *Frijjō. (Wiktionary)