from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology A Norse god of war, son of Odin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. IUPAC 3-letter abbreviation of tyrosine
- proper n. The Norse god of war, identifiable with Tiu or Tiw. Possibly the god after whom Tuesday was named.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Northern myth., the god of war and victory, son of Odin. He is the same as the Anglo-Saxon Tiw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Norse mythology) god of war and strife and son of Odin; identified with Anglo-Saxon Tiu
Old Norse Tȳr.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old Norse Týr, from Proto-Germanic *Tīwaz, from Proto-Indo-European *dhyeu- (“god”). Cognate to Old English Tīw. (Wiktionary)