from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse trained to pace.
- n. Sports See pacemaker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who paces.
- n. A breed of horse used in harness races.
- n. Short for pacemaker.
- n. A mechanical pencil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, paces.
- n. A horse trained to a special gait in which both feet on one side leave the ground together; a horse that paces.
- n. A horse used to set the pace in racing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who paces, or measures by pacing.
- n. A horse whose natural gait is a pace.
- n. Hence, a fast horse; by extension, anything that exhibits remarkable speed or activity.
- n. Same as pace-maker, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a horse used to set the pace in racing
- n. a horse trained to a special gait in which both feet on one side leave the ground together
Sorry, no etymologies found.