American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A racehorse.
- n. A detachable extension to the back of an envelope, having a perforated edge and special marketing information or an order form on it.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tail which has been banged, or cut horizontally across; also, an animal with a banged or docked tail.
- n. A tail of a horse or cow, allowed to grow out and then trimmed horizontally so as to form a tassel; a horse or cow having such a tail.
- n. US A racehorse.
- n. slang A prostitute.
- n. marketing An envelope with a perforated flap on which promotional material is printed; the flap on such an envelope.
- v. To shear off the hair horizontally at the end of a cow or horse's tail.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a horse bred for racing.
- n. a horse bred for racing
- From bang + tail. (Wiktionary)
- bang2, short hair + tail1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“It seems that 'Fireman' O'Leary was most useful in helping the fillies home at Washington Park by assaulting them in the region of the bangtail with small bollops of pure incandescence.”
“(surprisingly, ` claim 'is the verb; quit = ` quits' or ` even '), bobtail and bangtail (bob and bang = ` crop,' and these are just bobbed examples of humdrum past participle formations), and lockjaw (not conclusively eliminated, but ` locked jaw 'is given as an alternative form).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bangtail’.
List of words from phrontistery.info
Words gathered while reading On The Road by Jack Kerouac.
For stuff to simply reside.
Words from Kerouac's work.
Looking for tweets for bangtail.