from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that fails to start.
- n. An idea, proposal, or candidate with no chance of being accepted or successful: "Many lawmakers are pronouncing the budget a nonstarter” ( Christian Science Monitor).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A project that has no chance of success
- n. A horse that does not run in a race for which it has been entered
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person with a record of failing.
- n. A horse that fails to run in a race for which it has been entered.
- n. A proposal that will not receive serious consideration by those with authority to decide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
- n. a horse that fails to run in a race for which it has been entered
Sorry, no etymologies found.