from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that fails to win: the losers of the game.
- n. One who takes loss in a specified way: a graceful loser; a poor loser.
- n. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills: "losers at home seeking wealth and glory in undeveloped countries” ( Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)
- n. One that is bad in quality: That book is a real loser.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who fails to win.
- n. Someone who loses in a specified manner.
- n. Someone with bad luck or poor skills who consistently loses.
- n. Something of poor quality.
- n. A person of unhappy circumstances.
- n. A contemptible or unfashionable person.
- n. Someone that has lost weight. (a recent term, originally from Kelloggs, but now has come from NBC show "The Biggest Loser")
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who loses.
- n. A person who is habitually unsuccessful at some endeavor, such as employment or personal relationships.
- n. A plan or strategy unlikely to succeed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who loses, or is subjected to loss; one who fails to win, gain, or keep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gambler who loses a bet
- n. a contestant who loses the contest
- n. a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sarah Palin besides being a loser is also a quitter.
Uemployed, without any money or children and driving a beat-up old car, he has the word "loser" written all over him.
Other than Pelosi, every other loser is a Republican or the whole party affiliate.
But a loser is a loser no mater how hard they cry. digger
We know that the loser is the government, because it loses tax revenue.
I guess the loser is the Democratic party in general.
Don't sports teams play by the rules and the loser is the loser?
May 27th, 2008 12: 19 am ET once a loser is always a loser this is not news. clinton news network cnn.
This has shown future generations that when entering a game or following established rules they may be changed to appease those that are losing when the loser is a powerful individual, corporation or group.
I have to say I would boycott Cap America if this loser is the star.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.