from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that uses: a user of public transportation.
- n. Law The exercise or enjoyment of a right or property.
- n. One who uses addictive drugs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who uses or makes use of something, a consumer.
- n. A person who uses drugs, especially illegal drugs.
- n. A person who uses a computer or a computing network, especially a person who has received a user account.
- n. An exploiter, an abusive user (a person who uses something or someone unfairly, selfishly and/or unethically).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who uses.
- n. Enjoyment of property; use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which uses.
- n. In law, the using or exercise, as of a right; continued use or enjoyment; the acting in a manner which implies a claim of right so to do. See non-user.
- n. The presumptive right arising from continued user.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who makes use of a thing; someone who uses or employs something
- n. a person who uses something or someone selfishly or unethically
- n. a person who takes drugs
From Middle English user, equivalent to use + -er. (Wiktionary)