Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An acquirer; a money-maker.
- n. One who obtains or acquires the property of anything by purchase; a buyer. Specifically, in law: One who acquires property by the payment of a consideration.
- n. One who acquires or obtains by conquest or by deed of gift, or in any manner other than by inheritance or escheat. Thus, a devisee or a donee in a deed of gift is technically a purchaser.
- n. One who purchases.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who purchases; one who acquires property for a consideration, generally of money; a buyer; a vendee.
- n. (Law) One who acquires an estate in lands by his own act or agreement, or who takes or obtains an estate by any means other than by descent or inheritance.
- n. a person who buys
“It has come to me through our Trade Commissionersfor we have a half dozen or more very bright, active, young Canadians furthering British trade all over the British Isles-that when they promote some particular product of importance to us, perhaps the purchaser is able to buy at once and cannot get the product again for months.”
“Even by standard capitalist theory, if this tax break lowered borrowing costs (which I don't believe it does), it would just increase home prices by a proportionate amount, since affordability for any given purchaser is determined by monthly payment and therefore by the interaction between price and interest rates.”
“Anybody who swipes at the pump knows that getting the billing zip right for an authorized purchaser is not hard at all.”
“Application of the remedy of rescission, within the bounds of the narrow exception to the doctrine of caveat emptor set forth herein, is entirely appropriate to relieve the unwitting purchaser from the consequences of a most unnatural bargain.”
“And I'll bet the average age of a Kindle purchaser is up there.”
“Selected trees are tagged and continue to grow until the purchaser is ready for the tree.”
“However since the houses are already going to go in part of any sales contract the developer writes should stipulate that “the purchaser is aware that they are purchasing property near an airport and might be subject to associated noise, and purchaser agrees not to hold the developer or county responsible for noise abatement resulting from flight traffic.””
“This case, decided March 30, is particularly important because of a recent case allowing a trademark infringement claim against a keyword purchaser to proceed.”
“The purchaser was a tall, slim, dark-haired white man.”
“When you sell to a middle class American the dream of home ownership, consumer bliss and higher social standing the very tenet our American Dream is built on by literally giving them mortgages they cannot afford and encouraging $40,000 -- $80,000 lines of credit based on the overinflated property value of the home, the purchaser is a moron -- but you're a predator.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘purchaser’.
Use these and get promoted
Weird words that specify specific aspects of people's legal relationships. ee/or pairs are the best, but sadly not all ees and ors have an associated opposite..
Looking for tweets for purchaser.