from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who purchases.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who purchases; one who acquires property for a consideration, generally of money; a buyer; a vendee.
- n. One who acquires an estate in lands by his own act or agreement, or who takes or obtains an estate by any means other than by descent or inheritance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An acquirer; a money-maker.
- n. One who obtains or acquires the property of anything by purchase; a buyer.
- n. One who acquires or obtains by conquest or by deed of gift, or in any manner other than by inheritance or escheat. Thus, a devisee or a donee in a deed of gift is technically a purchaser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who buys
Sorry, no etymologies found.