Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who contributes; one who gives or pays money or anything else of value to a common stock or fund; one who aids in effecting a common purpose; specifically, one who furnishes literary material to a journal or magazine, or other joint literary work.
- n. 2. One who pays tribute; a tributary.
- n. A benefactor; someone who donates to charity or some cause.
- n. A person who backs, supports or champions a cause, activity or institution.
- n. A person instrumental in the creation or growth of something.
- n. A person who produces articles published in a newspaper, magazine, online publication, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, contributes one who writes articles for a newspaper, magazine, or book.
- n. someone who contributes (or promises to contribute) a sum of money
- n. a writer whose work is published in a newspaper or magazine or as part of a book
- contribute + -or (Wiktionary)
“Another contributor is the vast pool of unskilled immigrants (Mexico being the largest source of them) that has flooded our labor market, displacing poor citizens and driving wages and benefits down.”
“Of all of the trivia shoved into the deep recesses of my brain, the greatest contributor is my father, James P. Fowler, Sr.”
“What would you say is the main contributor to your success?”
“The next biggest contributor is the California Business PAC, the group representing the members of the California Chamber of Commerce, including Hewlett Packard, General Electric, Enterprise Rent-a-car, Pfizer, and Charles Schwab.”
“However, the single biggest contributor is Chevron.”
“This has made Herbert Simon a main contributor in the field administrative (management) science.”
“The contributor is teenage pregnancy, and the single parent (basically young poeple starting families beyond their means) household.”
“If the contributor is taxed less than that rate (but still more than 25%, his working age rate) the contributor gets more consumption!”
“The non-contributor gets to win if the tax rate faced by the contributor is 75% or more on his 401K.”
“The next largest contributor is the Colorado headquartered national group, Focus on the Family.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘contributor’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Use these and get promoted
words from work
Words that apply to the description and condition of books
Very basic words for ESL students.
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
A list of words used in a story about a thirteen-year-old boy name Eduardo who bought an old bike from the money he earned weeding, hoeing, and working during spring vacation. Eduardo loved and pla...
Looking for tweets for contributor.