American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that participates, shares, or takes part in something.
- adj. Sharing in or taking part; participating.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sharing; having a share or part: followed by of.
- n. One who participates; a partaker; one having a share or part.
- n. In Gregorian music, the next most important tone in a mode after the mediant, lying in the authentic modes usually next above or below the mediant, and in plagal modes usually at the bottom of the scale. See modulation, 3 . It may be used as the first tone of any phrase in a plainsong melody, and as the last tone of any phrase except the last. The participants of the various modes in general use are: I., G; II., A; III., A or B; IV., C or F; V., G; VI., C; VII., A; VIII., D; IX.,D; X.,E; XIII., D; XIV., G.
- n. one who participates
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Sharing; participating; having a share or part.
- n. A participator; a partaker.
- n. a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- n. someone who takes part in an activity
- From Latin participans, present participle of participare; see participate. (Wiktionary)
“From the still, neither participant is an advertisement for blogging as a healthy lifestyle.”
“The other participant is my husband, novelist Gordon Aalborg.”
“That being said, I would add a question asking if the participant is currently in school and if so what level of education it is.”
“One of the videos posted on the site by a participant is this one added by Andrea Hernández on an ongoing series on the economy of people who sell stuff informally on the street.”
“In this way, the competitiveness (or potential "greed") of the participant is harnessed into providing a benefit in an ever-improving system, with lesser service providers being given their just punishment.”
“Depending on the situation, removing a participant from a wave will work in different ways.”
“The pictures are collaborations: Each participant is asked to provide her own makeup, hair and wardrobe.”
“As a noun its chief meaning is principal official, main participant or person of primary rank:”
“The former beauty queen and pageant participant is complaining about a "sexist" photo (one that she did pose for, doesn't matter for who)?”
“The unstated or underlying purpose of the modern spiritual sweat lodge is to free the participant from the fetters of the material world and return him or her to Omeyocan, the "Place of Duality," which is both dualistic and the single undifferentiated source of the present world.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘participant’.
â€¢ The word must have an even number of vowels.
â€¢ There must be four or more vowels; thus, at minimum, an A-A-A-A or A-B-B-A pattern.
â€¢ The vowels must appear in a mir...
Use these and get promoted
Words related to the mental state of "being in the present in the moment".
TOEFL iBT - 1500 Academic Words
all kinds of pants
need to know these words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very basic words for ESL students.
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
Looking for tweets for participant.