from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that participates, shares, or takes part in something.
- adj. Sharing in or taking part; participating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who participates
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sharing; participating; having a share or part.
- n. A participator; a partaker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sharing; having a share or part: followed by of.
- n. One who participates; a partaker; one having a share or part.
- n. In Gregorian music, the next most important tone in a mode after the mediant, lying in the authentic modes usually next above or below the mediant, and in plagal modes usually at the bottom of the scale. See modulation, 3 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- n. someone who takes part in an activity
From Latin participans, present participle of participare; see participate. (Wiktionary)