from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that owns or holds a share or shares of stock; a stockholder. Also called shareowner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who owns shares of stock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who holds or owns a share or shares in a joint fund or property.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who holds or owns a share or shares in a joint-stock or incorporated company, in a common fund, or in some property: as, a shareholder in a railway, a mining or banking company, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who holds shares of stock in a corporation
Sorry, no etymologies found.