from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that analyzes.
- n. A practitioner of psychoanalysis.
- n. A systems analyst.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who analyzes
- n. a mathematician who studies real analysis
- n. a systems analyst
- n. a practitioner of psychoanalysis
- n. a financial analyst; a business analyst
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who analyzes; formerly, one skilled in algebraical geometry; now commonly, one skilled in chemical analysis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who analyzes or who is versed in analysis, in any application of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a licensed practitioner of psychoanalysis
- n. someone who is skilled at analyzing data
- n. an expert who studies financial data (on credit or securities or sales or financial patterns etc.) and recommends appropriate business actions
From French analyste (Wiktionary)