from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an instrument for the analysis of something
- n. a person who analyzes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, analyzes.
- n. The part of a polariscope which receives the light after polarization, and exhibits its properties.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which analyzes, or has the power of analyzing.
- n. Specifically— In optics, the part of a polariscope which receives the light after polarization and exhibits its properties: usually a section or prism cut from a doubly refracting crystal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument that performs analyses
Sorry, no etymologies found.