from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that synthesizes: a synthesizer of others' ideas.
- n. Music An electronic instrument, often played with a keyboard, that combines simple waveforms to produce more complex sounds, such as those of various other instruments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An electronic instrument that creates its sounds with electronics and has a keyboard.
- n. An electronic instrument module that creates its sounds with electronics and does not have any keyboard.
- n. An electronic circuit that generates an electronic signal oscillation with accurate timing from a reference oscillator.
- n. An electronic device that generates electronic signal patterns to test an electronic circuit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In acoustics, an instrument for the production of complex tones of predetermined composition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (music) an electronic instrument (usually played with a keyboard) that generates and modifies sounds electronically and can imitate a variety of other musical instruments
- n. an intellectual who synthesizes or uses synthetic methods
Sorry, no etymologies found.