American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that synthesizes: a synthesizer of others' ideas.
- n. Music An electronic instrument, often played with a keyboard, that combines simple waveforms to produce more complex sounds, such as those of various other instruments.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In acoustics, an instrument for the production of complex tones of predetermined composition. A form devised by Hallock consists of an electromagnetic arrangement for the production of fluctuating currents of the desired frequencies and for the simultaneous introduction of these into the circuit of a telephone.
- n. music An electronic instrument that creates its sounds with electronics and has a keyboard.
- n. music An electronic instrument module that creates its sounds with electronics and does not have any keyboard.
- n. electronics An electronic circuit that generates an electronic signal oscillation with accurate timing from a reference oscillator.
- n. electronics An electronic device that generates electronic signal patterns to test an electronic circuit.
- n. (music) an electronic instrument (usually played with a keyboard) that generates and modifies sounds electronically and can imitate a variety of other musical instruments
- n. an intellectual who synthesizes or uses synthetic methods
“It feels like a post including the Rutt-Etra synthesizer is incomplete without a mention of another amazing, early realtime video processor, the Daniel Sandin Image processor.”
“We created the ring tone synthesizer, which is in every Nokia phone, and that became our business.”
“He can twitch his eyebrows and move his lips just a little bit, and has to speak through a computerized synthesizer, which is a voice we have all become familiar with.”
“Next up: The Currah µSpeech Spectrum Speech synthesizer, which is also available on emulators.”
“It's called a synthesizer, but many of its sounds are of natural source.”
““The synthesizer is an electronic device that produces a computerized version of your voice,” the detective said.”
“The quiet hum of the synthesizer was the only sound in the port fore-cabin.”
“KAOSSILATOR PRO, the latest addition to the KAOSS family, is the evolution of the popular dynamic-phrase synthesizer and loop recorder that we all came to love back when it was a bright yellow brick back in 2007.”
“By today's standards however the synthesizer is a bit noisy and it can't match the current generation radios in sensitivity either (both are comparable to its same aged competitors).”
“Anton Marini, a.k.a. vade, has released the first public beta of the v002 Rutt / Etra software synthesizer, which is a leap forward in the simulation of the original, badass analog video synthesizer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘synthesizer’.
With focus on non-classical styles, but not excluding terms of the latter.
Looking for tweets for synthesizer.