American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that processes, especially an apparatus for preparing, treating, or converting material: a wood pulp processor.
- n. Computer Science A computer.
- n. Computer Science A central processing unit.
- n. Computer Science A program that translates another program into a form acceptable by the computer being used.
- n. A person who processes things (foods, photos, applications, etc.).
- n. A device which processes, which changes something.
- n. A computer, especially as short for a microprocessor.
- n. (computer science) the part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing
- n. a business engaged in processing agricultural products and preparing them for market
- n. someone who processes things (foods or photographs or applicants etc.)
- Recorded since 1909, from to process + -or (Wiktionary)
“She had installed it for just this moment: When she'd be driving and need a way to keep working on her novel cause while she had a word processor on her phone she couldn't really type on her phone while she was driving.”
“You may not be able to write out an entire paper, but you certainly can outline one using the word processor on your mobile device.”
“In no time the hand-held calculator made the slide rule extinct, and the word processor sent the typewriter into irreversible decline.”
“To give you an example, I used my word processor to make two charts.”
“Even though my word processor defaults to stories, that word is frowned upon except at bedtime: “The preferred word for a newspaper or magazine report is article.””
“By acquiring the word processor Ami Pro and developing the presentation graphic package Freelance, Lotus became the industry's second full-line generalist.”
“Special thanks to Patsy Strader for tireless typing and to Lyn Rose for her endless hours at the word processor and at the library digging up buried footnotes.”
“The words on the word processor screen glowed back at him.”
“It is easier to write on a word processor than to use paper, pencil, and eraser.”
“Authoring and Web creation has already become as simple as using a word processor and will allow easy updating by anybody anytime.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘processor’.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Terms used in the EU's Common Agricultural Policy referring to policy issues in the milk sector.
HU translations: input costs, retailer, trader, processor, price transmission, raw milk, milk cow, offset income losses, production quota ..., reference price, Single Area Payme..., Single Payment Sc... and 43 more...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words that we will encounter during our study of immigration!
Looking for tweets for processor.