from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that processes, especially an apparatus for preparing, treating, or converting material: a wood pulp processor.
- n. Computer Science A computer.
- n. Computer Science A central processing unit.
- n. Computer Science A program that translates another program into a form acceptable by the computer being used.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who processes things (foods, photos, applications, etc.).
- n. A device which processes, which changes something.
- n. A computer, especially as short for a microprocessor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (computer science) the part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing
- n. a business engaged in processing agricultural products and preparing them for market
- n. someone who processes things (foods or photographs or applicants etc.)
Recorded since 1909, from to process + -or (Wiktionary)