from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of storing goods or the state of being stored.
- n. A space for storing goods.
- n. The price charged for keeping goods stored.
- n. The charging or regenerating of a storage battery.
- n. Computer Science The part of a computer that stores information for subsequent use or retrieval.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of storing goods; the state of being stored.
- n. An object or place in which something is stored.
- n. Any computer device, including such as a disk, on which data is stored for a longer term than memory.
- n. The price charged for storing goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of depositing in a store or warehouse for safe keeping; also, the safe keeping of goods in a warehouse.
- n. Space for the safe keeping of goods.
- n. The price changed for keeping goods in a store.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of storing, in any sense; specifically, the keeping of goods in a store, warehouse, or other place of deposit.
- n. The price charged or paid for keeping goods in a storehouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (computer science) the process of storing information in a computer memory or on a magnetic tape or disk
- n. the commercial enterprise of storing goods and materials
- n. the act of storing something
- n. a depository for goods
- n. an electronic memory device
- n. depositing in a warehouse
They would be fitted with carbon capture storage technology, which would trap CO2 emissions and send them through a network of pipelines to a storage area under the North Sea.
If you want to get all posts that talk about partitions and storage engines, you can ask for "+partition* +storage +engine".
In addition to the works displayed on my website, I have many drawings, prints and paintings in storage from the years 2000-2005, which will be offered for sale here for the first time.
Grain storage is one function of the trojes, along with providing living quarters.
By the term storage hygiene, we mean the use of all technical measures with the exception of the application of chemicals.
By the term storage hygiene, we mean the use of all technical measures without the application of chemicals.
Using an iPod as multimedia storage is a clutter-free way to improve your movie collection and repurpose an outdated music player.
PHILBRICK: This is in what they call storage pods.
Now, half of the apples we have right now on the shelves in the grocers are old crop, or what they call storage apples, and then you have many apples that are fresh crops from the south Hemisphere, like the Granny Smith's down here and other apples that we have on the sample.
Xyratex are producing phenomenal solutions that allow innovators to focus on the software that wraps around this hardware and becomes what you know as a storage solution.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.