from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of put.
- n. The action of the verb to put.
- v. Present participle of putt.
- n. The action of the verb to putt.
- n. A variety of golf in which balls are tapped into holes over short distances using a putter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The throwing of a heavy stone, shot, etc., with the hand raised or extended from the shoulder; -- originally, a Scottish game.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hitting a golf ball that is on the green using a putter
From put (Wiktionary)
From putt (Wiktionary)