from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A piece of furniture with shelves for holding books.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of furniture designed for the storage/display of books.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A case with shelves for holding books, esp. one with glazed doors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A case with shelves for holding books.
- n. In law, a case stated or mentioned in legal works; a recorded case; a precedent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a piece of furniture with shelves for storing books
book + case (Wiktionary)