from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Designed to fold; as a folding bed, a folding chair, etc.
- n. The action of folding; a fold.
- n. The keeping of sheep in enclosures on arable land, etc.
- n. Code folding: a source code display technique that can hide the contents of methods, classes, etc. for easier navigation.
- n. the deformation of the Earth's crust in response to slow lateral compression.
- n. Paper money, as opposed to coins.
- v. Present participle of fold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making a fold or folds; also, a fold; a doubling; a plication.
- n. The keepig of sheep in inclosures on arable land, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fold; a double.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being folded up and stored
- n. a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- n. the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape
- n. the act of folding
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Correct folding is important, Pace said, because "many diseases are protein folding diseases," including Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease and cystic fibrosis.
Simulating protein folding is often considered a "holy grail" of computational biology, he added.
"One reason that protein folding is so difficult to simulate is that it occurs amazingly fast," Pande explained.
If the term folding gives you anxiety attacks, simply click here to check out the technique.
But since such a folding is the goal of Kantian aesthetics in the first place, and nontranscendental ways of conceiving the relation between contingency and form are available, second-tier transcendentalism often looks as though it were motivated by the desire to preserve first-tier transcendentalism. close window
I developed an algorithm which I call a folding algorithm.
Availble in folding or fixed-blade models, Benchmade's new Water Knives beg to be stowed in your boat in tackle box.
– "The president folds his toilet paper ... all americans should be crumplers, folding is socialism."
The impression I have of the folding is that the top edge of the lace is simply sewn onto the backing in a zigzag, from one side to the other and back again.
All gluing and folding is held together during this project, with clothespins until it dries.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.