from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Designed to fold; as a folding bed, a folding chair, etc.
- n. The action of folding; a fold.
- n. The keeping of sheep in enclosures on arable land, etc.
- n. Code folding: a source code display technique that can hide the contents of methods, classes, etc. for easier navigation.
- n. the deformation of the Earth's crust in response to slow lateral compression.
- n. Paper money, as opposed to coins.
- v. Present participle of fold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making a fold or folds; also, a fold; a doubling; a plication.
- n. The keepig of sheep in inclosures on arable land, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fold; a double.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being folded up and stored
- n. a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- n. the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape
- n. the act of folding
Sorry, no etymologies found.