from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of folding.
- n. The state of being folded.
- n. A fold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A folding or fold; a plait.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of folding, or the state of being put in folds; a folding or putting in folds, as duplication or triplication. Also plicature.
- n. That which is plicated; a plica or fold. Also plicature.
- n. In geology, a bending of the strata; a fold or folding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an angular or rounded shape made by folding
- n. the act of folding in parallel folds
From Middle French plicacion, and its source, Latin plicatio. (Wiktionary)