from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art, trade, or profession of binding books.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art, craft or process of binding books
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art, process, or business of binding books.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The operation of binding books; the process of securing the sheets of a book within a permanent casing of bookbinders' board and leather or cloth, or other suitable materials, covering the sides and back, and jointed at their junction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book
- n. the craft of binding books
Sorry, no etymologies found.