from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stand designed to hold a basin and pitcher of water for washing.
- n. A stationary bathroom sink.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A table containing a basin and a pitcher of water for washing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A piece of furniture holding the ewer or pitcher, basin, and other requisites for washing the person.
- In a stable or garage, a place in the floor prepared so that carriages or automobiles may be washed there and the water run off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of furniture like a table, with or without a lower shelf, drawers, and a back, arranged to hold a basin and ewer and other appurtenances for washing the person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
- n. furniture consisting of a table or stand to hold a basin and pitcher of water for washing: `wash-hand stand' is a British term
Sorry, no etymologies found.