from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tall cabinet, closet, or small room built to hold clothes.
- n. Garments considered as a group, especially all the articles of clothing that belong to one person.
- n. The costumes belonging to a theater or theatrical troupe.
- n. The place in which theatrical costumes are kept.
- n. The department in charge of wearing apparel, jewelry, and accessories in a royal or noble household.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cabinet in which clothes may be stored.
- n. The department (or people working in that department) that obtains and stores articles of clothing for use in theatrical or motion picture productions.
- n. A collection of clothing.
- v. To provide (a film, a customer, etc.) with clothing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A room or apartment where clothes are kept, or wearing apparel is stored; a portable closet for hanging up clothes.
- n. Wearing apparel, in general; articles of dress or personal decoration.
- n. A privy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Originally, a room or large closet in which clothes were kept, and in which the making of clothes, repairing, etc., were carried on.
- n. A piece of furniture for the keeping of clothes, especially a large press closed by means of a door or doors, in which clothes can be hung up, and sometimes having shelves and drawers as well.
- n. The clothes belonging to one person at one time.
- n. A privy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. collection of clothing belonging to one person
- n. collection of costumes belonging to a theatrical company
- n. a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes; has a door and rails or hooks for hanging clothes
The term "wardrobe malfunction" entered the mainstream lexicon back in 2004 following a very unwelcome cameo appearance by Janet Jackson's right breast during the half-time show.
And so the question I would have is, even if you know your wardrobe is a disaster, right, how do you then say to yourself, well, I do have to go out and look for a job.
I don't want to shop just yet, so my wardrobe is a bit limited.
* SO* the wardrobe is an evolving, highly personal project designed for the tastes of one man.
Matching colors in your wardrobe is another trick.
I need to pack very little in terms of clothes, since most of my wardrobe is already in Madrid.
His own personal shoe wardrobe is full of matador slippers like the turquoise ones he's wearing on this day, more formal Beau Brummel-inspired lace-ups and, yes, saddle shoes.
In this case, the wardrobe is Ryhope Wood in the Kentish countryside in England, a wood which is potentially infinite on the inside and contains the heart of all myth and legend.
The master bedroom boasts a spacious walk-in wardrobe and its own sauna with ocean view.
Posted December 24, 2009 at 12: 23 am | Permalink walk-in wardrobe systems in the UK
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.