from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A basin that can be filled with water for use in washing oneself. Also called washbasin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a sink in a bathroom, connected to a supply of water and a drain, in which one may wash one's face and hands
- n. a basin for washing the face and hands; a washbasin or wash-hand basin ((UK))
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A basin, or bowl, to hold water for washing one's hands, face, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large bowl or basin used for washing the hands, face, etc.
- n. A wash-tub.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
- n. a basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression)
Sorry, no etymologies found.