from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large receptacle, such as a bag, basket, or pocketbook, used to carry things from one place to another.
- n. A closed automobile with two lengthwise seats facing each other.
- n. A covered one-horse carriage with two seats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large bag; a holdall
- n. A light, covered carriage drawn by a single horse
- n. Any of several types of automobile
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light covered carriage, having four wheels and seats for four or more persons, usually drawn by one horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light, covered, four-wheeled family carriage, with two seats, drawn by one horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a capacious bag or basket
Alteration of cariole.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Compare carriole, cariole. (Wiktionary)