American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of linking or connecting: a linkup of two orbiting spacecraft.
- n. Something that serves to link or join; a connection.
- n. A set of linked elements that forms a functioning system: broadcast the event on a closed-circuit TV linkup.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. something that serves to join or link.
- v. connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- v. make a logical or causal connection
- v. be or become joined or united or linked
- n. a fastener that serves to join or connect
“Helping her along by video linkup is imam Hassen Chalghoumi, who has grabbed the media spotlight with his newly published book, For Islam In France.”
“A green light from the EU for the linkup could be the first of several positive events in coming weeks for BA, which has been battered for two years by falling traffic, labor strife and other woes.”
“The linkup is the latest in Myspace ' s attempt to pare back its social-networking focus to build a hub for music, entertainment and games in a bid to stem significant traffic and revenue declines.”
“Ford: We don't need partners to expand CEO Alan Mulally calls any kind of linkup a 'distraction' as the automaker aims to turnaround operations.”
“(such as linkup forces) with a common or coordinated mission.”
“The audio linkup means you hear them yelling at each other and you get a feeling for the pressure they are under and the dangers of sailing these boats.”
“The linkup has proved so outrageously successful, in fact, that there's a huge waiting list of would-be human participants, and plans are in the works for two other Philadelphia humane facilities to match up their charges with joggers.”
“The DAS Communications linkup had not taken long to pay off.”
“Apart from reports about a possible Zune/Xbox linkup, one source who has been accurate in the past recently cited the possibility of an Allard project reviving the Tablet PC.”
“But industry analysts have said they don't expect steelmakers to object to such a combination or believe that a linkup would lead to antitrust issues because there are still enough other big producers of steelmaking coal.”
‘linkup’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for linkup.