from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of linking or connecting: a linkup of two orbiting spacecraft.
- n. Something that serves to link or join; a connection.
- n. A set of linked elements that forms a functioning system: broadcast the event on a closed-circuit TV linkup.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A connection.
- n. The act of connecting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. something that serves to join or link.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- v. make a logical or causal connection
- v. be or become joined or united or linked
- n. a fastener that serves to join or connect
Sorry, no etymologies found.