from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. something or someone that fastens
- n. mechanically, any device that fastens; especially, a collective term for items such as screws, nuts, washers, bolts and the like
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, makes fast or firm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which makes fast or firm; one who fastens; specifically, something used for fastening and unfastening, as in dress, or for making fast or fixed, as a mordant in dyeing.
- n. A warrant. Grose;
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
- n. a person who fastens or makes fast
The back was fairly low, just barely covering the thin fastener of her bra and her skin was warm as his fingers brushed against the creamy expanse.
The lightning fastener is because men weren't supposed to go topless when they were "bathing."
Ok, I'm not sure what a "lightning" fastener is -- something like a modern velcro-type fastener?
Not sure if it was April Fool's day, but a radio station in Long Island, NY once "punked" me in the mid-90's, by calling the fastener factory I worked at.
The SerosaFuse fastener is delivered over a guiding stylet, minimizing tissue trauma by assuring the fastener is the largest device entering the involved tissue.
The fastener is a disposable plastic bracelet like the ID bracelets new moms, dads and infants get tagged with at hospitals â€ if your kid breaks his bracelet to remove it, you’ll know.
For example, if a nail is holding together two pieces of wood, an accurate but broader description of the nail would be a "fastener," or you may simply state that one piece of wood is coupled with the second piece of wood.
It also came with every kind of fastener and cable you might want to use.
The handles are gray-green Micarta and the sheaths are made of Boltaron, which looks like Kydex to me, and come with a five-position TekLok belt fastener.
I was fidgeting around with the fastener of a green army backpack when I saw something that resembled a letter.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.