from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something, such as a hook, used to attach one thing to another firmly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of to fasten.
- n. a hook or similar restraint used to fasten things together
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything that binds and makes fast, as a lock, catch, bolt, bar, buckle, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anything that binds and makes fast, or serves for joining or securing, as a lock, catch, bolt, bar, cord, chain, clasp, button, hook, etc.
- n. Fixedness; firmness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of fastening things together
- n. restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
Sorry, no etymologies found.