from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports The innermost or central pin in an arrangement of bowling pins.
- n. Sports See headpin.
- n. The most important person or element in an enterprise or system.
- n. See kingbolt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The axis around which steered wheels pivot; a bolt that holds the axis in place—a kingbolt.
- n. The pin at the centre of the triangle of bowling pins (originally the tallest pin in kayles). Sometimes also the headpin at the apex.
- n. The most important person in an undertaking or organization.
- n. The bolt holding together the truck of a roller skate or skateboard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the most important person in a group or undertaking
- n. bolt that provides a steering joint in a motor vehicle
- n. the front bowling pin in the triangular arrangement of ten pins
king + pin (Wiktionary)