from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A band of tough, inelastic fibrous tissue that connects a muscle with its bony attachment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tough band of inelastic fibrous tissue that connects a muscle with its bony attachment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tough insensible cord, bundle, or band of fibrous connective tissue uniting a muscle with some other part; a sinew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A band or layer of dense fibrous tissue at the end of a muscle for attachment to a hard part, or interposed between two muscular bellies, usually where the direction of the muscle is changed; a sinew: said especially of such structures when rounded or cord-like, very broad flat tendons being commonly called fasciæ and aponeuroses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cord or band of inelastic tissue connecting a muscle with its bony attachment
The area just above the Achilles tendon is swollen and sore, so that even sitting around is uncomfortable and any kind of light contact with that area is surprisingly painful.
“A rupture of the Achilles tendon is suspected,” says a rep for AC Milan, where Beckham has been on loan since January.
The strained tendon is Arenas's right ankle will be reevaluated "on Sunday or Monday," he said, adding that he remains optimistic that Arenas can return for the home opener next Tuesday.
Sort of like a slightly rubbery proscuitto, the beef tendon is cut paper thin and served cold, covered in an oily hot dressing.
RW Corey Perry, sidelined by a lacerated right quad tendon, is expected to be out for another three weeks or so.
A tendon from the kneecap was used for the ACL, and a cadaver tendon was used for the posterior lateral ligament.
"We see four to five times increased incidence in tendon and muscle ruptures in my practice compared to what we saw 10 years ago," he says.
Ciccotti, entailed grafting a tendon from the kneecap of a cadaver.
His right lateral hamstring tendon is no longer swollen.
Ciccotti used a strip of tendon from the kneecap of a cadaver.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.