from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The male organ of copulation in higher vertebrates, homologous with the clitoris. In mammals, it also serves as the male organ of urinary excretion.
- n. Any of various copulatory organs in males of lower animals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The male sexual organ for copulation and urination; the tubular portion of the male genitalia (excluding the scrotum).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The erectile external sexual organ of males, used in copulation, and in mammals, also for urination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The male organ of copulation; the intromittent or copulatory organ of the male sex of any animal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
Latin pēnis; see pes- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin pēnis ("tail, penis"), from Proto-Indo-European *pes-. Displaced native English pintle. (Wiktionary)