American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An organ or a gland in which male gametes are formed, especially in invertebrate animals.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The male germ-gland or essential sexual organ, of whatever character; the sperm-gland, or spermatic organ, or seminal gonad, in which spermatozoa are generated, in its specialized condition in the higher animals known as the testis or testicle. The term is used in distinction from ovary, both spermaries and ovaries being gonads. Also spermarium.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) An organ in which spermatozoa are developed; a sperm gland; a testicle.
- sperm + -ary (Wiktionary)
- New Latin spermārium, from Late Latin sperma, semen; see sperm1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spermary’.
Nouns ending in 'ary' which have the sense of 'a collection of' or 'home of'.
From the February 2010 Harper's, which says, "From a 'blacklist' file included with the latest edition of Crossword Compiler, a British computer program for designing various word puzzles. The file...
Looking for tweets for spermary.